STI Education Systems Holdings Inc (PSE:STI) gained 21.33% in the November 14-18 week to lead top weekly gainers at the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE).
STI’s stock moved upwards this week after it released news of a 60% income rise in the six months ending 30 September 2016. STI is the owner of one of the biggest network of private schools in the Philippines.
According to its financial report, STI said K to 12 enrollments pushed STI Holdings profits to P542.9 million in the first half of the year.
STI Holdings also said total assets also grew as of September 30, 2016 amounting to P11.89 billion, 13 percent or P1.39 billion higher than the balance as at March 31, 2016. Contributing to this is the 2,332.5 square-meter property in Makati purchased by STI Holdings last August.
Driving the growth in enrollment is the network’s K to 12 program, where a total of 39,206 senior high school students enrolled in educational institutions operated by STI Education Services Group (STI ESG), Information and Communications Technology Academy (iACADEMY), and STI West Negros University (STI WNU).
The weekly 21.33% gain brought STI’s 4-week price change to 16.67%. STI’s last traded price was 0.91 a share.
Joining the top 10 weekly gainers at the Philippine Stock Exchange are the following:
2. Arthaland Corporation (PSE:ALCO), which gained 18.97% for the week to close at 0.345 a share
3. Pryce Corporation (PSE:PPC), which gained 13.32% to close at 4.17
4. Lodestar Investment Holdings Corporation (PSE:LIHC), which gained 13.04% to end the week at 1.30 a share.
5. Primex Corporation (PSE:PRMX), which gained 12.26% to end the week at 3.48 each.
6. Crown Equities Inc (PSE:CEI), which gained 11.64% to end the week at 0.164
7. Abra Mining and Industrial Corporation (PSE:AR), which gained 11.43%
8. DMCI Holdings Inc (PSE:DMC), which gained 10.74%
9. Philweb Corporation (PSE:WEB), which gained 10.56%
10. Semirara Mining and Power Corporation (PSE:SCC), which ended the week with a 7.66% gain. – EventsNewsAsia.com